Did you know that only 18% of Americans identify as feminists? If you get your news from the mainstream media, you probably assumed this number was much higher.
The mainstream media isn’t reliable, except when it comes to fanning the flames of Marxist chaos.
Hence this list of 10 Winning Arguments Against Feminism. It’s perfect for any cocktail party, liberal arts classroom, holiday dinner, or reunion date with your ex-girlfriend.
1) Feminism has nothing to do with gender equality.
First and second wave feminism were legitimate movements. Women deserve dignity and political equality.
Third wave feminists want freedom without responsibility. They want preferential treatment for women while recasting female responsibility as systemic oppression. They want women to be dependent—not on men, but on the State.
Of course, this is an outrageously misogynistic worldview. Despite literally millions of examples to the contrary, feminists simply presume that women can’t fend for themselves in a free society. Their agenda looks something like this:
- Free birth control
- Free abortions
- Maternity leave with raises and promotions (men can’t be permitted to earn more)
- The right to consider men guilty until proven innocent (abolition of due process)
- Bans on anti-feminist speech (and jail time for offenders like Milo Yiannopoulos)
Do these sound like valid rights or nanny state privileges for presumed weaklings?
Feminism is a misnomer. The movement has been infected with social justice disorder.
If you doubt this, skim through a few feminist blogs. You’ll notice that before making an argument, the authors apologize for being straight, white, able-bodied, etc. Feeling shame for one’s existence or biological makeup isn’t natural; it’s a symptom of mental illness.
2) Gender isn’t a social construct.
I’ve never asked a woman to spot me in the gym. Doing so would be cruel, because I’ve never seen a woman in a gym who could properly do it.
Should I risk my life so that no one calls me sexist?
On average, men are physically stronger than women. On average, male infants reach for trucks and females reach for dolls. On average, men and women excel in different subjects and they tend to choose different subjects. Male and female brains are demonstrably different.
None of these observations should be remotely controversial. Gender differences are biological, and therefore morally irrelevant.
Gender isn’t a social construct, but feminism is.
What happened to being comfortable with your femininity?
3) Gender roles are freely chosen (or freely rejected).
I recently watched a feminist bemoan women’s oppression in the home. Women are forced to do more housework than men. If we mandated an equal split for housework, they would have a better shot at equal pay.
Does she think that women everywhere have been passively waiting, for centuries, to be emancipated from housework?
Gender roles are voluntary. Women are free to do whatever they want. In a free society, no one cares, because there’s no oppressor. Feminists hate the fact that some women don’t mind doing housework and earning less money.
Most women have no problem with traditional gender roles.
Feminists feel oppressed by the choices other women make.
What about women who don’t choose to conform to common gender roles? Female astrophysicists and MMA fighters work hard and earn their distinction. Our society celebrates atypical people, who are exceptions to the norms. Such women don’t need feminism; they have freedom.
Which brings us to…
4) Women are not paid less for the same work, and equal pay legislation would backfire.
Feminists who majored in gender studies love saying that society places a higher value on men’s work. As proof, they claim that women make 77% as much as men for the same work.
Here are the three caveats that feminists leave out of their favorite myth:
1) Single women are doing at least as well as men:
- About 60% of all college degrees are earned by women
- Among single people under 35, women out-earn men
- Among single people of all age groups, women earn 96% as much as men
2) The earnings gap between men and women as a whole can be explained, within a few cents, by relevant differences in the choices they make:
- Women dominate lower paying majors and careers (social work, counseling, nursing)
- Only 24% of women pursue higher paying STEM fields (science/tech/engineering/math)
- Men work more dangerous jobs that compensate more in return for risk
- Within industries (like nursing), earnings gaps are caused by an average female preference for time over money
- On average, women work substantially fewer hours than men
- To close the earnings gap, we would have to force women to choose higher paying majors, pursue higher paying careers, and take less time off
3) If a discriminatory pay gap (rather than an explainable earnings gap) actually existed, employers would begin hiring only women, since they would maximize their profits by saving on labor costs. The feminist assumption that discrimination is more important to corporations than profits is absurd on its face.
What about equal pay legislation, which feminists simplistically assume would equalize earnings?
Since the earnings gap is not caused by individual cases of discrimination, the main effect of such legislation would be to force companies to spend money justifying pay disparities and settling inevitable lawsuits.
“Sorry Sally, no raises this year—we spent that money hiring Sal in compliance and countersuing Wanda.”
5) The patriarchy is doing a terrible job of privileging men.
Let’s look at a few more facts:
- 98% of combat deaths are men
- 78% of homicide victims are men
- 78% of suicides are committed by men
- 80% of workplace fatalities happen to men
- 75% of jobs lost in the Great Recession belonged to men
- 80% of divorces are initiated by women
- 16% of men receive children in custody battles
- 85% of household spending is controlled by women
But, Feminist Felicia had to claim she had a boyfriend so that weirdo would stop talking to her! Isn’t this proof that men respect other men more than they respect women??
No, it’s proof that women know that male physicality has social value, even in the modern world. It’s proof that women are socially intelligent enough to exploit fictional men for their own protection. This is not some unique flaw of patriarchal society; it probably happened all the time in 30,000 BC.
6) Without capitalism, there would be no feminism.
Feminists want women to have high paying jobs, free birth control pills, and state of the art abortion technology. But they absolutely abhor capitalism.
Capitalism allowed women to enter the workforce in the first place. The endowments of the universities that professional feminists use to disseminate their ideas are funded by capitalism. The two most female-dominated majors are fashion and interior design, neither of which would have any practical application outside of a capitalist economy.
A feminist once “reminded” me that communism was kind to women. I reminded her that communism wasn’t kind to anyone, but she had a point: Mao and Stalin were forceful gender equality advocates.
Apparently, dictatorial decree doesn’t change people. Russian women aren’t known for being radical feminists. And have you seen Chinese women? Probably not, thanks to the one-child policy. (Is abortion sexist when it’s only used against women?)
7) Feminism oppresses clueless young men.
Oppression moves in one direction: from the privileged to the non-privileged. Since sexism is a form of oppression, and since men are privileged, it’s impossible for women to be sexist against men.
Wait, I must have dozed off. I’m not writing an essay for a gender studies class or a mainstream media e-zine.
According to the Oxford Dictionary, oppression means: “prolonged cruel or unjust treatment or control.”
This is an apt description for the treatment of college men who are accused of rape, often well after the fact, and much to their surprise, and who are then forced to undergo lopsided trials by college disciplinary committees heavily steeped in feminist ideology. So much for due process!
After all, who cares if the guy didn’t actually commit a crime? The story is great for the Narrative, and Truth is a sexist lie controlled by the Koch brothers.
8) Rape culture is a radical Muslim thing.
Never mind the fact that radical Islam isn’t a race, it’s a militant ideology. You’re a racist if you dare to bring up the disgusting prevalence of rape in the Middle East and now, across Europe.
Instead of drawing attention to radical Islam’s hostility to women, feminists prefer to compare our alleged “rape culture” to ISIS.
How do colleges institutionalize rape culture? By holding men accountable for women’s alcohol intake, infantilizing students with policies that replace natural body language with awkward verbal codes, presuming that men are guilty until proven innocent, and forbidding men to talk during disciplinary hearings?
Rape is a horrific crime that warrants harsh punishment. Thanks to the influx of radical Muslim immigrants, Sweden has a systemic rape problem. American colleges look nothing like Sweden, much less Syria.
Human nature has a savage streak, and there will always be psychos who try to rape women. The vast majority of them are not in fraternities. There is a solution…
9) Defending the 2nd Amendment should be feminists’ No #1 Priority.
Men are significantly stronger than women. The right to bear arms is a natural force equalizer.
Feminists spend a lot of time discrediting the idea that women should have to defend themselves. The solution is to tell boys that they’re the same as girls, and that there’s no need for violence!
This is a laughable denial of reality that indicates an embarrassing ignorance of human nature. Individual acts of violence will never be eradicated from society. All men and women should be prepared to defend themselves at all times.
But the claim that guns protect women from violence is a myth!
- Armed Forest Grove, OR Woman Fends Off Rapist
- Armed Woman Shoots Home Invader in Self Defense
- Armed San Antonio, TX Woman Shoots a Home Invader in Self Defense
- British Gun Control Doesn’t Work: Armed Intruders Break in and Rape a Pregnant Woman
- Alabama Woman Shoots Violent Home Invading Ex-Boyfriend in Self Defense
- New Mexico Woman Shoots Home Invader in Self Defense
- Armed Neighbor Saves Mother and Daughter from Home Invading Rapist
- Armed Mother Saves her Daughter from a Home Invading Rapist
Thanks liberals, for being so sensitive to the self-defense needs of rape victims.
10) Anti-feminist women are the ultimate individualists.
“Live and let live; what happened to that?” – Christina Hoff Summers